Jerome’s Journal: Manticore — Page 15
An NFT Encyclopedia of Cryptids and Other Mythical Creatures
The Manticore is one of the most dangerous and destructive Cryptids I have ever seen. The Gargoyles had found a way to tame these calamitous beasts, honing their skills in battle.
Manticores generally have a large body, with a size greater than that of a fully grown Bunyip. They’d look majestic if they didn’t send off a terrorizing energy.
A body of a lion, with a face that resembles that of a human, a Manticore is disturbing to look at. A large scorpion tail able to sting from a long distance, and induce their enemies with a toxic venom. They have large wings like the Gargoyles themselves, and I hear they are rough and coarse, like stone. Their paws are three times the size of a large lion.
During the Battle of the Creators, they were one of the main forces used by the Gargoyles, as they could fly over the sea to fight the Mermaids and the sea cryptids. Bunny and I were able to take one down, but it didn’t come easy nor without a price.
It’s possible that the Manticore, like the Leed’s Devil, is not a naturally born Cryptid. It has a lot of similarities of the Chimera, another Gargoylian project that involved creating hybrid Cryptids, often using regular animals to awaken possible latent Cryptid Energy.
- The Gargoyles had an entire swarm of Manticore. They have been known to genetically modify Cryptids, and while this isn’t confirmed, it is highly likely that the Manticore is a created Cryptid.
*For more information on the NFT project, go to Jerome’s Journal: An Encyclopedia of Cryptids and Other Mythical Creatures
As more information comes into the world of The Cryptid Coalition, this page will be updated.
← — Page 14: Yeti — Page 16: Mothman — →
- Check out the NFT’s in the FlavorVerse here.
- Join the FlavorVerse Discord.
- Jerome’s Journal Directory, for all the info on Jerome’s Journal.
- Follow @DanathonJames on Twitter.
- Follow @TheCryptidCoalition on Instagram.